[COIX-Announce] The COIX Is Live!

Jacob Roe-Bauer jacob at iwebfusion.net
Tue Apr 6 19:45:37 EDT 2021

Hello!

If you're receiving this email it's because you have expressed interest in
participating in the COIX (Central Oregon Internet Exchange). We are pleased
to announce that the exchange is now live and is passing traffic! With that,
we would like to extend the invitation for you to participate in the
exchange. The COIX (pronounced koi) is a registered nonprofit within the
state of Oregon and is a 501c(6) organization. All of the equipment and
services this far have been donated. Special thanks to Cascade Divide Colo,
BendTel, and H4Y Technologies. More information is available on our website
at www.centraloregonix.org <http://www.centraloregonix.org>

What are some advantages of participating?

1)            Keep traffic local! This reduces latency and improves regional
fault tolerances

2)            Reduce transit cost

3)            Build community

With the idea to foster a community and keep traffic local, we've set the
barrier of entry very low. A 1Gbps port on the exchange is only $75/year,
and a 10Gbps port on the exchange is only $150/year. Ports are available at
the Cascade Divide datacenter (207 SW Columbia St) and at the BendTel
datacenter (130 NW Greenwood Ave). To get a LOA/CFA issued, please email
noc at centraloregonix.org to order a cross-connect from the respective
datacenter.

We look forward to peering with you!

Jacob Roe-Bauer